Bellingen High School

Truth Triumphs

Telephone02 6655 1315

Parents, carers and the community

As a parent or carer, you are an important part of our school community. We offer a range of services to support you and your family.

Such as:
  • Parents and citizens association (P&C)
  • Counselling for families
  • Interpreting and translations

Parents and Citizens’ Association (P&C)

Our Parents and Citizens’ Association (P&C) is made up of parents and carers, teachers and community members. The P&C meets regularly to contribute to decision-making, developing policies and management plans as well as fundraising.

Our P&C meets on the second Monday of each month during school terms in the staff common room at the high school at 6.30 pm.

All Welcome! 

This is an opportunity to have an insight into the running of the school, have contact with the principal and staff, to meet other parents and to engage in discussion about the school.

Most fundraising for our school by the P&C is achieved through the school canteen. The P&C supports students in a number of ways, for example:

  • offering annual scholarships to selected students
  • providing funds to improve facilities at the school such as:
    • lighting and sound system in the Multi Purpose Centre
    • air-conditioning in classrooms and musical instruments
  • enabling school sport representatives to attend games
  • providing transport for student leaders to attend state functions
  • supporting a healthy canteen

P&C meeting minutes

Check our school calendar for dates of the next meeting.

Counselling for families

The school counsellor can assist when families undergo a trauma or big change. Contact us to make an appointment. For information in community languages, see school counselling service.

Outside of the education system, free telephone counselling services are available to support families who may be going through a difficult time.

  • Lifeline – 24-hour telephone counselling service. 13 11 14.
  • Mensline Australia – 24-hour telephone counselling service for men. 1300 789 978.
  • Parent line – 24-hour advice and information service. 1300 1300 52.

Interpreting and translations

We will help you communicate with our school. If you’d like an interpreter for a school meeting, let us know and we will arrange one, if available.

If you don’t speak or understand English well and want to contact us, call TIS National on 131 450 and ask for an interpreter in your language. The operator will call the school and get an interpreter to help. This service is free.

For more information, listen in your language.

Visit the department’s translated documents section for important information that’s relevant for your child’s education in many languages.

More for parents, carers and the community

You may also be interested in: